Alemira Virtual Lab: 19 May, 2021
Build: May 2021
The supported authentication mechanisms have been extended to include the API-based assessment. Script-based life-cycle actions are supported. A number of bugs have been fixed.
Authentication for API-based assessment
Three types of authentication mechanism have been added to the API libraries configuration:
- Basic authentication
- Bearer token
- API key
This adds more flexibility to the API-based assessment of lab tasks.
Script-based life-cycle action
The life-cycle action feature enables the instructor to control the lab flow more accurately. Sometimes additional lab configurations need to be done during the lab execution: for example, the creation of credentials and a tenant for students in the cloud for cloud-software oriented labs. This can be done through configurable actions timed for a certain phase of a lab’s life-cycle.
A lab has a finite life-cycle consisting of the following phases: the lab environment start, actions in the environment, the lab environment deletion, etc.
- Authentication for the API-based assessment
- Script-based life-cycle action
- Error when deleting a lab
- Cannot resume a session in a suspended virtual lab
- Make the “Resume” button in a paused machine’s UI clickable
- API Library wizard completely resets on an error
- Acceptance Criteria and Life-Cycle Actions should be copied when the lab is duplicated
- Windows Server 2019 low-performance
- Acronis on-premise agent is a part of the image
- Session ID and Password cannot be copied in a live lab
- Ability to create two tenants via API
- Acronis branded UI
- Make passwords in the lab script randomized
- Firefox update appears when a lab starts